Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Humor break: Mrs. Yetta Goldberg teaches theology

Mrs. Yetta Goldberg gets off the train in Miami in the 1940's, and being tired from the trip, goes to the first hotel she sees in order to get a room. She walks up to the desk and tells the clerk, "I'm Mrs. Yetta Goldboig and I desire a room for de night."

The clerk looks at her disdainfully and coldly says, "I'm sorry, madam, but our hotel is completely booked."

Just then, a man with his suitcase in hand drops his key and a check at the desk, and heads for the door. "Oy, vot luck," says Mrs. Goldberg. "I can take his room."

"I'm sorry, madam," says the clerk, "but I thought you understood my meaning. To be blunt, we do not cater to Jews."

"Jews?" exclaims Mrs. Goldberg. "So, who's a Jew? I'm a Cat'lic."

In obvious disbelief, the clerk asks her, "If you're a Catholic, then answer this question: Who is the Son of God?"

"Dat's easy," says Mrs. Goldberg, "Jesus Christ."

The clerk, still not convinced, then asks, "Who was Jesus's mother and father?'"

"Mary and Joseph," replies Mrs. Goldberg, testily.

Then the clerk asks, "And where was Jesus born?"

"In a manger in a barn!" answers Mrs. Goldberg, becoming agitated.

"And why was Jesus born in a manger in a barn?" asks the clerk.

"Cause a schmuck like you vouldn't rent a room to Jews!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home