Saturday, October 02, 2010

Pleasant surprise!

Stephen passed the GED! He said in the last IEP meeting that he wanted to take it just to see what would happen, and the district agreed to cough up the fee. So he enrolled in the adult school and went an hour or so for several days and took some pretests. They worked out pretty well, but I really wasn't hoping he's pass all five, and with enough padding to pass overall. But we got the poop from the state today, and he has his General Equivalency Diploma.

Under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), this calf does get to stay on the IDEA tit until age 22, and he made it very clear in the last IEP meeting that he means to do so. So we'll work the system for transition services, occupational therapy as needed, whatever, and presently some community college. They did him out of any high school instruction, so I don't feel bad for them. Stephen didn't gain a single high school credit.

Since his other leg was worked on by the cutter on the 24th, he's going to be in a wheelchair for a while. We'll be four months or so winding that up. So we ought to get him on his feet and starting school around the end of January, God willing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Steven!!!!!!! very good for you. Its nice to hear you are free. Very nice to hear. Good for you too Peter.

Judy

10/07/2010 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, i thought i spelled it wrong.
Congradulations to Stephen

Judy

10/07/2010 1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all,
Jason thanks for your comments. I am a person who has to read the same thing many times before I can confidently respond. I miss a lot if I don't do that. I usually don't have much time to write. So, be patient if I don't initially make much sense. I'm working on it.
I was reading this today, actually, I was reading Haggai chapter 1. I just pasted this potion here to better ask and explain myself. >> Haggai 1:12 Then Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the whole remnant of the people obeyed the voice of the LORD their God and the message of the prophet Haggai, because the LORD their God had sent him. And the people feared the LORD.<<
When I read this Bible communication it reminds me of the way Peter uses the words American Christian..or phrase "American Christian".( AC's)
The way the WORD here says:
>THE people obeyed and, Lord THEIR GOD
and again Lord THEIR GOD<
there is something similar in the way Attwood is addressing, or, categorizing. Something similar to Haggai's reference to"the people" In his writings. The way Peter says American Christians is somehow honorable to refer to them as "the people". I don't think Peter questions weather the AC's are Christians..Just as Haggai didn't make it a one-to-one personal issue for THE PEOPLE..
So for tonight, because I am tired. I suggest we learn why Haggai indeed why GOD 'referred to the people as the people. I'm thinking if I was listening to Haggai I'd be asking myself this question, am I one of "the people?" Is that your purpose in your style of labeling as AC's? To get the readier to ask themselves "am I one of the AC's?"
I am sorry I have gotten this topic way off from your original post Peter. It would be just fine to drop the conversation. Unless it is helpful somehow. No nitpicking from "the people" please...
Judy

10/14/2010 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home