Saturday, January 03, 2009

Two Poems

I offer these without comment at the moment, because others will have things to say, and mine won't deserve the first place which being in the post itself would give them:

Time does not bring relief; you all have lied
Who told me time would ease me of my pain!
I miss him in the weeping of the rain;
I want him at the shrinking of the tide;
The old snows melt from every mountain-side;
And last year's leaves are smoke in every lane;
But last year's bitter loving must remain
Heaped on my heart, and my old thoughts abide.
There are a hundred places where I fear
To go, - so with his memory they brim.
And entering with relief some quiet place
Where never fell his foot or shone his face
I say, "There is no memory of him here!"
And so stand stricken, so remembering him.

- Edna St. Vincent Millay

pity this busy monster,manunkind,

not. Progress is a comfortable disease:
your victim(death and life safely beyond)

plays with the bigness of his littleness
- electrons deify one razorblade
into a mountainrange;lenses extend

unwish through curving wherewhen till unwish
returns on its unself.

A world of made
is not a world of born - pity poor flesh

and trees,poor stars and stones,but never this
fine specimen of hypermagical

ultraomnipotence. We doctors know

a hopeless case if - listen: there's a hell
of a good universe next door;let's go

- e. e. cummings

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can validate the second poem. i didn't understand the deepest loss of the first. it sounded like the first writer dosnt understand or know "GOD will never leave or forsake us." Maybe I in in for a rude awakening myself. But I'm still here and i don't think it is on my own intellect or strength.
I had two dreams this morning. They were painful but they both easy to understand...I think.
they are the first dreams Ive had about Levi in a long time.
He and I went together to a non-relatives house for something. the person was a smarter friend then I a more constructive person...I don't know her. Her house was for only the true, no fool could have stayed long. Levi had wondered off from me and it made me nervous for him... I told my friend I had to leave her company to find him. She followed me as i look in the rooms of the house for him. Levi was in a room with two other boys his age playing/practicing on music instruments together. There was a lady teacher standing in the room assisting all the young men with their music. Levi was seated in front of a window playing/learning a type of keyboard while other young men were practicing different instrument.. they were fine, and they were real. Levi felt useful in the dream. Like he was doing something worth being there for. He was blessed and whole at his keyboard and with the others truly involved in learning for the joy of exercising the mind & intellect. The other dream, which could have been a continuance of the first dream, was all the same; the only difference was they were working out physically together with exercise equipment...Levi was in no hurry to leave the house. He not looking for food. He was not over happy. He was alive because he was not being subject to futility in those classes...taking a lesson wasn't the problem for him there.
Taking a lesson wasnt a problem for him here either. It was the death cycle of knowing the lessons learned here could not be used here. thus futile& extremly agravating for a young man in our culture.
The dreams tell me to do what I'm supposed to do in front of others, practice life and music and strength training in front others. And with others who want to be in class... and some will live better and have more joy here. And try not to let the clowns in the special needs class. They have a plenty of malls&balls&churches to be in.
The full should be sent away hungry as fast as possible.

1/04/2009 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reread the first poem this morning, I get it now. What I also get is I don't have this inescapable pain the writer has because it is JESUS who taught me/teaches me to love HIM first. love HIM more then any human being. As usual with GOD the reason JESUS/GOD insist on LOVE the LORD with all your heart, strength, mind and love your neighbor as yourself is for OUR PERSONal protection... not for HIS GLORY. In loving JESUS more than I love LEVI or equal to, I am protected from the constant pain the first poem writer is in. "What Wondrous love is this"

1/05/2009 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am angry now...I never realized how much my loving, or dependence on JESUS was tied to my son Levi. I am angry now, I feel alone without Levi. I am still aware that this world had no good plan for Levi...I really hate it here.
I will stay cause my niece cant get her act together enough to care for her kids..they need me, they need a mom. So, I'll stay here. I don't think I will do a good job of raising kids without practicing my faith so ill have to get plugged into JESUS/GOD again somehow, for the sake of my family I hope it is soon. I am angry..im gonna have to learn about anger. I seem to remember something biblical about how anger makes a person drunk? I just want to touch and smell Levi again I want to hear him giggle and see him smile, I want that more then i want my next breath...

4/01/2009 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home