Friday, November 26, 2010

Wikileaks and the Christoids

Paul the apostle wrote, "Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them" (Ephesians 5:11).

59 years have failed to get me used to stupidity - clear evidence, I guess, that I'm pretty stupid myself. So I was surprised at church a couple of weeks ago when I praised the good service of Julian Assange and Wikileaks in exposing the vile deeds that our rulers have been doing and concealing, and this Bible teacher fell uncomfortably silent.

Maybe his problem is some kind of dyslexia, so that he reads, "Do not expose the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather have fellowship with them" - and Wikileaks is certainly violating that commandment!

It shouldn't surprise me, since Jesus said that the whores and tax gatherers would get into the kingdom of God before the Bible teachers of his own day, but I keep right on being surprised. People like Julian Assange that do not profess to know God are obeying the apostle Paul's instruction in Ephesians 5:11, while people who teach these words in church turn them on their heads and fling them to the ground.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Michel MacĂ© said...

Je suis d'accord 100%.

11/27/2010 1:25 PM  
Blogger Peter Attwood said...

L'entendre en francais c'est bien!

11/27/2010 1:41 PM  
Blogger California Progressive said...

Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. John 3:18

2/09/2011 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home