Friday, September 18, 2009

More news

The petition drive fizzled over the expense of the election. We'll see if I'm right in figuring that they'll waste a lot more than that in the next year, but for now there's nothing to be done.

Our due process hearing is set for October 5th, and we just finished our IEP meeting, which ended up having to be done in 2 parts. I told the district in the meeting that I'm not satisfied with their evaluation and asked for an independent educational evaluation, which I want done by Hope Counseling, especially since that's where things are actually working for Stephen.

So as they said in the meeting, they have 15 days to agree or file a due process complaint to show that their evaluation is fine.

I'll have more to say about all this after the DP hearing next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home